Ever been to the world famous San Diego Zoo? The Empire State Building? If you have, you have used Gateway Ticketing products when you bought a ticket and walked through the gate. In 2009, our top 100 (and we have over 400) customers collectively sold over 200 million tickets — that is more than Ticketmaster sells in a year. Our systems are installed in the busiest theme park in the world, the largest ferry system in the USA, and the most popular zoos, aquariums and museums all around the world.
We are an established company with a start-up mentality. We don’t have a rigid corporate hierarchy and we don’t produce TPS reports. We support flexible hours and our developers often work at home. We are looking for people to push the envelope and try new things — people who want to learn and grow and modernize the software development process. We don’t care what programming languages you know — we just want your passion and your skills. We know you can learn whatever we throw at you and we don’t mind that you’re smarter than we are.
We are looking for full-time developers to help our team to design the next generation of software for admission control, kiosk, and web ticketing modules for the attraction, amusement and transportation industries. We code for the desktop, the web, and mobile devices. Our design and development processes incorporate some of the best software practices in the industry including requirements analysis, object modeling and unit testing. We use Scrum/Agile development methodologies to be fast and flexible.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining current applications as well as developing new software for ticketing systems used in amusement parks, museums, zoos, aquariums and the transportation industries. You should be able to translate software requirements into concise and accurate code. You will be asked to provide analysis related to software design and development. Problem solving skills are necessary.
What we can do for you
- Competitive salary in a low-cost of living area.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits.
- Personal and vacation time — You don’t have to work all the time.
- Life and disability insurance — We don’t think you’ll die, but if you do, you’ll be covered.
- 401k plan with matching — Because some day you actually will retire.
- Flexible hours and possibility to work at home.
- Awesome small town Pennsylvania environment with an easy drive to Philadelphia — We probably have more pizza parlors and sandwich shops per square mile than any other place in the world. Washington, DC, the Jersey Shore, and New York City are also close.
- Casual work environment — you can even wear shorts if you want, but every time you do it will cost you a $1 donation to the charity chosen annually by our charity committee. Same for T-shirt Friday.
- While our work environment is casual, we take our core values very seriously: Customer Care, Integrity, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, and Communication.
- You might even get to visit some of our more exotic locations to support our customers.
What we are looking for from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Being self-taught is cool, too.
- Deep experience with an Object-oriented language. We are a Delphi and C# shop, but you can learn those readily enough, right?
- Knowledge of mobile development to include iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone 7.
- General knowledge and/or experience in hardware programming, database programming, SQL, and scripting.
- Ability to work with customers and internal business analysts.
Additional desirable skills and traits include:
- Desire to do cool things with code, continuous integration, source control management.
- Knowledge of salt water fish tank construction and management.
- Barbecuing skills are a big plus.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Extra points will be given for creative cover letters. Don’t forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites and blogs.
And now, for the stuff Human Resources makes us say: We can only accept applicants who have the permanent legal right to work in the United States and are available for an interview in Pennsylvania. Excellent candidates can be relocated. Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. We only really care about your commitment to software development excellence.